Welcome to the Certified Behavioral Coach Program.
This certification program leads you to the mastery of strategies that will empower you to guide others into identifying where they are, where they want to be and the best strategies for getting there.
It relates to the application of tested methods for coaching behavior modification. The certification is designed to support leadership, coaching and mentoring, the enhancing of productivity and the creation of a positive environment in groups and organizations.
The crisis related to Employee Engagement is a major challenge internationally. Coaching at the functional levels is now an imperative for organizations who want to remain competitive. This is NOT an issue that can be simply left for HR to sort out.
- Apply a structured framework for achieving success with & through people
- Use a Behavioral Framework to identify behavioral styles in daily interaction
- Develop sustainable relationships with persons with diverse behavioral preferences
- Settle disputes using style-directed approaches
- Apply and interpret behavioral assessments
- Give and receive feedback without pushback
- Give instructions that get it done the first time=
- Develop high performing teams and develop team spirit
- Provide supervision and leadership to different styles and varied situations
- Respond appropriately to different styles of leadership and supervision
ICF Core Competence: Communicating Effectively
- A. Effective Listening (ICF Core 5)
Ability to focus completely on what the client is saying and is not saying, to understand the meaning of what is said in the context of the client’s desires, and to support client self-expression.
- B. Powerful Questioning (ICF Core 6)
Ability to ask questions that reveal the information needed for maximum benefit to the coaching relationship and the client.
- C. Direct Communication (ICF Core 7)
Ability to communicate effectively during coaching sessions, and to use language that has the greatest positive impact on the client.
ICF Core: Managing Progress and Accountability (ICF Core 11)
Ability to hold attention on what is important for the client, and to leave responsibility with the client to take action.
Certification Awarding Entities:
Success with People ™ Academy
International Coach Federation (ICF)
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Extended DISC/FinxS International
Logistics and Support Mechanisms
- 36 hours of live, facilitator-led interactive online webinars
- 12 months E-mail support
- Access to the 10-module “Success with People” Online Learning Experience
- Completion of personal Leadership & Coaching DNA Assessment
- Pre-programme assignment
- Application of Extended DISC/FinxS solutions in your environment
- Extensive library of course materials
- Formal award of International Coach Federation Continuing Coach Education credits
- Society for Human Resource Management Professional Development credits
- High Impact e-Books including “How DISCerning Communication Drives Teamwork”, “Anger Management” and “Conflict Avoidance and Management”.
- Coaching: You will be required to coach at least one individual as an integral component of the certification process.
- You will receive a library of support materials for your personal use. These are delivered in multiple formats – text, e-learning, multi-media e-source books, videos, recorded interactive webinars etc.
- Attendance to the live webinars is required for completion of the certification and for the SHRM and ICF Professional Development credits.
- Completion of assessment exercises is required to verify the transfer of knowledge and application of concepts.
- Content is provided to introduce concepts, then reinforce them and later ensure sufficient mastery as to encourage the coaching and mentoring of others.
US$1,400 covers >>>
- Live training and 12-month’s access to e-mail support
- Certification Manuals and e-Workbooks
- Course materials including PowerPoint presentations
- Consultation (hand holding)
- Formal Assessment and Award of “Certified Behavioural Coach” designation
- International Coach Federation (ICF) Continuing Coach Education credits
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Professional Development Credits
- Personal or corporate account on the revolutionary FinxS Platform from Extended DISC.
System for Assuring Transfer and Application of Competences
Participants will be required to complete a formal open-book assessment process. In addition, they are required to conduct a coaching session with a least one individual and provide feedback on the process and outcomes.
Critical Aspects of Evidence
Coaches must provide evidence of the following:
- Knowledge of the value of classifying behaviors and of responding appropriately to them
- Knowledge of the DISC Classification Framework or any appropriate behavioral classification system
- Knowledge of how differences in outlook stimulate misunderstandings and conflicts
- Identification of strategies for avoiding negative inter-personal developments
- Recognition & appropriate response to key behavioral characteristics
- Use of strategic approaches to relating better to diverse groups
- Demonstration of how to resolve disputes and win favor with others
- Application of proven principles for communicating effectively
- Application of ground rules to effectively give and receive feedback without pushback
- Application of appropriate strategies for giving instructions to get tasks done correctly and quickly
- Selection of responses that will enhance team- or group-cohesiveness and improve team spirit
- Use of appropriate strategies for promoting excellence
- Choice of appropriate responses in leading and supervising different personalities
- Application of a strategy for achieving success with & through people
- Use of Behavior Modification strategies